Sunday, August 14, 2011

Recipes

I've been all over the internet browsing Ice Cream recipes I want to try.
Last night I probably annoyed my Pinterest followers to no end by creating a pinboard of Ice Cream Recipes and pinning nearly 70 different delicious looking recipes. (No, I didn't just pin every single recipe I found, just the ones I want to try)

Turns out this challenge will offer me far more flavor opportunities than the grocery store.

Many of the recipes I have found involve making a custard first. This step requires cooking egg yolks with milk or cream, stirring constantly to prevent clumping. I'm nervous about this. It's this nervousness that made me decide to start this adventure with the most basic of recipes. I'm going to make a vanilla ice cream from one of my tried and true cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment